Sunday 8 February 2015

Performance Groups

Performance groups kicked off last week. Those of you who enjoyed the pieces we were working on I look forward to seeing you back again this week. Choir listened to a number of songs and have picked 3 songs to work on. In Ukulele group, we began looking at a piece called "Kiwilele Hoedown". The experienced players worked on learning to pluck the riff while our newbies practised a tricky chord change. We had a great turn out for the dance group. They learn the introduction and verse 1 of "Immortals" from Big Hero 6. A new performance group will be getting up and running in a couple of weeks...Rock Band! This is by invitation only. I have spoken to a few people about auditions but if you think you've got what it takes send me an email or talk to me. I'm looking for a second guitar player, a second keyboard player and will be auditioning for four singers. These players have to be really committed and do some work at home. I'm looking forward to getting started on this new group. Even if you're not in the band perhaps you could think of a rockin' name for us. Post your idea on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment